Upon completion of the Identity, Authentication, & Authorization lesson, students will:
1) Understand ways in which attackers gain unauthorized access to systems and data
2) Understand ways to protect devices and data
3) Distinguish between authentication and authorization
4) Identify three types of Multifactor authentication (knowledge, possession, inheritance)
5) Describe what defines a strong password
All materials in this Cybersecurity Concept Lesson is based upon work supported by the NCyTE Center and the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1548315, Catalyzing Computing and Cybersecurity in Community Colleges (C5). C5 is a grant-funded project based at Whatcom Community College in Bellingham, WA. One of its goals is to develop and disseminate instructional materials to enhance computer science and cybersecurity courses.